Saturday 20 August 2016

Puppies due soon

It's that time again, after a long period penny Is expecting her final litter of puppies, she is due in a week and we are all busy preparing for the birth. Her whelping box is ready and her delivery kit is prepared, towels washed and folded, she had her hair cut short so it's easier to keep clean, and she is on her special maternity diet to give her all the protein she need for healthy babies. Now it's just a waiting game. I am always super excited for puppies to arrive but also nervous about all the things that can go wrong. Last year my other dog Molly had a complicated emergency c section and delivered 11 puppies 1 still born but they all had to be hand reared and I can tell you hand feeding 10 puppies every 2 hours was life consuming. Some died along the way as hand rearing is complex but 8 made it to new lives with loving families. I am sure that penny will be fine but I sure am saying my prayers for her and her babies. Keep reading for updates on the birth and pictures as the puppies grow and develop till they leave for their new homes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on Pennys Pups