Sunday 27 April 2014

building trust

You may already have a loving relationship with your female but during pregnancy and whelping your bond is even more important. A happy mum means happy pups which make happy pets. Everything is important to mum and pups from what they eat to what they listen to, and how much attention they receive is just as important.
By 3 weeks till due I have the whelping box set up where I plan for her to give birth and spend the first few nights at least, for me this is in the bedroom next to my bed a  whelping normally happens at night and I like to keep ans eye on their feeding for the first week night an  day.
To help help her become acquainted with her box I place her in it give a treat and lots of tummy rubs one every day until they are born. This helps the box to smell.like home, for feel familiar, builds trust and security and helps her get used to you being near the box so she trusts you with her puppies when they arrive and she is more calm an relaxed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on Pennys Pups